19 Job Interview DO’S
- DO research on the company so you will be prepared to answer any questions about its history or business.
- DO practice interviewing before the actual interview. Enlist a friend for help!
- DO dress appropriately.
- DO bring extra copies of your CV.
- DO arrive early. Preferably 10 to 15 minutes prior to the interview start time.
- DO greet the interviewer by title (Ms., Mr., Dr.) and last name.
- DO shake hands firmly.
- DO make eye contact with your interviewer.
- DO wait until you are offered a chair before sitting.
- DO be aware of body language. Maintain good posture and look enthusiastic.
- DO ask for clarification if you don't understand a question.
- DO emphasize your strengths.
- DO ask questions. This will display your interest in the position.
- DO be honest.
- DO listen carefully.
- DO let the interviewer know that you look forward to hearing from the company soon.
- DO close the interview positively with a handshake and thank the interviewer for his or her time.
- DO get business cards from each person you interviewed with.
- DO write a thank-you letter to your interviewer(s) promptly.
By Ghada Kandil
Content Strategist at Fikrbayan