These 15 actions should be avoided at all costs in your job interview!
- DON’T be late.
- DON’T chew gum or smoke during the interview.
- DON’T wear heavy perfume or cologne.
- DON’T dress casual.
- DON’T have a weak or sweaty handshake.
- DON’T tell jokes during the interview.
- DON’T be soft-spoken. Confidence is key!
- DON’T answer questions with a "yes" or "no." Give examples.
- DON’T rely only on your CV or cover letter to do the selling for you.
- DON’T bring up or discuss personal issues or family problems.
- DON’T answer your cell phone. Turn it off or keep it on silent mode.
- DON’T make negative comments about former colleagues, supervisors, or employers.
- DON’T ask about salary, benefits or vacations until an offer has been made.
- DON’T interrupt the interviewer.
- DON’T be discouraged if no definite offer is made at the end of the interview.
By Ghada Kandil
Content Strategist at Fikrbayan